The Society of Mississippi Archivists is seeking images for Mississippi’s 2014 Archives Month poster. This year’s theme will commemorate the 50th anniversary of Freedom Summer, the major civil rights event that occurred in Mississippi in 1964. You’re invited to submit two images that are representative of your museum, archival, or library collections for consideration on this year’s poster. We’re looking for a variety of visually engaging material including, but not limited to: album covers; artifacts; books; broadsides; correspondence; diaries; documents; drawings; motion picture film; maps; microfilm; musical instruments; paintings, photographs; postcards; and sheet music.
The images must be
- available for publication without any copyright restrictions or question of ownership,
- accompanied by any necessary publication permission form(s), the institution’s preferred citation(s), and information about the image,
- black/white or color (rgb), of originals that are no smaller than 5″x7″ (or scanned at 100% for originals that are smaller than 5”x7”),
- jpegs or tiffs of no less than 300 dpi, and
- submitted to Jennifer Brannock, Jennifer.Brannock@usm.edu, by 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 2, 2014.
If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Brannock at Jennifer.Brannock@usm.edu or 601-266-4347.